Tuesday 30 June 2015

Creamy Butternut Soup


Slms and Hello,hope everyone is doing good, and to those fasting hope Ramadaan is going great .The fast is going very well my side, ma sha Allah.
Who would've believe we fasted thirteen days already, geez, half of the month already past us.
 In my previous Ramadaan post I said I'll be posting easy recipes, I know alot of people can cook but to those that can't, those that just got married or staying alone, or what ever reason ,we all started somewhere, I'll be honest when I got married I couldn't really cook, but today I get compliments all the time for my cooking, hehe.
So this is my very first time doing a post on cooking or recipe giving so to say, I have no idea how its supposed to be done, I'm just doing it my way. Keep in mind the recipes are not my own, its recipes I've collected over the years, from people, books, over the radio, online, I take recipes where ever I can and try it out, if I like the way it came out l make it again and again.

So we starting with a easy *Creamy Butternut Soup* , It's winter and its Ramadaan so what a better recipe to start with.
A friend always asked me how you get your food so delicious so I told her I always start by saying 'Bismillah' (in the name of Allah) before I start cooking or do anything and then she started doing it too and she's not even Muslim (laughing). So let us begin by saying  Bismillah *

Ingredients
20ml Oil
10ml butter or margarine
1 large onion, finely chopped
500g butternut,  peeled and cubed
1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
2ml turmeric
5m curry powder
2ml ground cinnamon
3-5ml salt (or to taste)
5ml sugar
750ml water or vegetable stock
125ml milk
125ml fresh cream


Method
Heat oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat.
Add onion and sauté until golden.
Add butternut, potato and spices.
Toss for 2 minutes until well coated.
Add salt, sugar and water.
Bring to boil, then cover and allow to simmer gently - approximately 25 minutes - until vegetables are soft. Allow to cool.
Puree mixture, with milk, in a liquidiser until smooth.  Return mixture to pot and gently  reheat.Add cream.
Do not boil.
(Serve garnished with chopped chives and crusty bread.)


In Ramadan we love our savouries-,samosas ,halfmoons spring rolls etc so we enjoyed our soup with that and you can even serve with rolls,(very easy recipe I got from Facebook) takes about 20min to make, will post that nxt.

Hope you'll enjoy your soup. :)

Xoxo Nadia SS ♡



No comments:

Post a Comment