Saturday 25 February 2017

Mommy and Mini : Lips and Lashes


Hi beauties,
Happy Weekend!!!

It's been more than a month since I last blogged and it's been crazy I tell you. Besides the norm work being hectic my husband was in a car accident that resulted in our car being written off, it's been hectic with one car but that's minor we all just happy that he's fine Alhamdulilaah. My three year old went to creche for the first time in January and cried for two weeks everyday (so relieved she's past that now and happy to go in the mornings), so we all good, alive and living.



My last blog post was a similar one, a "Mummy & Mini' kind of post" if you haven't seen it have a look here. Both that photoshoot and this one were taken by Capturing Concepts Photography, and as you can see we had loads of fun, reading, riding bike, colouring, and cuddling. I'm sure professional photographers have learned through their experiences with young ones to have that special amount of patience.

I love taking pictures of my daughter and are always being told by friends and fam how they love my pictures I post on Facebook & Insta but guys it's not easy, there's a huge amount of patience that's needed to take pics of my busy little girl. Anyone with a baby or young child can say how difficult it is to get them to smile or even stand still for pics. It's not just one picture and Oooh its perfect, no way, how I wish it was like that. It's a couple of tries before you get it right. In-between the tries and getting it right it's "Shazia smile", "Shazia look this way", "no don't pull your face like that" to "I will buy you chippies and sweeties". This time for this photoshoot it went as far as I wil take you on the boat, yes you read right, I had to take her on a boat. It all started when she saw the canal boat at Intaka Island leaving with people while doing the photoshoot and cried to go on it, and me being me, told her it's fine I'll take you on there when we done.




 

About the look:
This look was once again inspired by my three year old daughter Shazia, she was the one that had the Lips and Lashes T-shirt first.
I then started seeing the adult version of the t-shirt all over instagram but everytime I tried to order it it was sold out, till my last attempt I got lucky.
I don't believe in just buying name brands, I buy what ever I see is cute whether from a china store or a naarjie store what ever I can afford. The whole outfit she's wearing was so affordable, she's wearing a Jet T-shirt and Sandals, tutu skirt from China Town, Lovisa Chocker and her cute lil headband she got as a gift from my friend Fadwah (go check out her Insta page @ Tiny Totz Accessories). Obviously with kids it's so easy to play dressup because they can just wear anything and still look so cute.
Okay so I copied her look but made it more modest and comfy for myself, a longer lenght skirt and for a more playfull look I added the pom-pom scarf styled in a turban, black tassle earings to go with the top and skirt.

 




 
These last few pictures sums up Shazia in a nutshell, she's been loving her scooter and bike, building puzzles and colouring in, counting and watching you-tube nursery rhymes and singing along.
 

  
Here we had a moment, Shazia was just so tired already and didn't feel like taking any more pictures, like i mentioned before that this was our second shoot for the day and it can be really tiring especially in the hot Cape Summer sun. So instead of getting mad at her like I usually do for not listening and doing the opposite, I took her in my arms and hugged her and that's when they took the opportunity to take this picture.
To see the outcome of the pics, the love shared between mother and daughter brings joy and warmth to my heart and makes the running after her and begging all worthwhile.


Thank you for reading and always keep Shining
xoxo
Nadia & Shazia


No comments:

Post a Comment